Dragon Actually - G.A. Aiken This review also posted at A Bookish Compulsion

This book was the December Atl pick for Vaginal Fantasy Book club, and since it had been on my maybe list for ages and I managed to find a copy at Bookman’s for three bucks, I decided to give it a shot and let it fall either on or off my prospective series list. For me, this one ended up off the list when I was left with an overall meh feeling.

I found this book to be a bit slap-dash for me. The story, all 219 pages of it, seemed to speed from one moment to the next without really developing the characters of the world enough for me to form an attachment to either. There was an attempt at an evolving relationship, with the mind/body split into two personas, but for me it just ended up reading like insta-love with all the lack of believability that often engenders. I did find the characters amusing, if not particularly believable, and found some of the side characters to be interesting—just not enough so to have me read further.

All-in-all this book was ok, and likely worth the evening I spent on it, but not really a keeper in my opinion. I give it a generous three stars.