Dream Eyes - Jayne Ann Krentz This review also posted at A Bookish Compulsion

Jayne Ann Krentz is my all-time favorite author and reading a book from her is always a treat. That said, I must admit to the fact that her Dark Legacy series is not turning out to be one of my favorites. Whether it is the forgone conclusion of the couples or the heavy-handed attempts to tie into her Arcane series—without actually being a part of it to benefit from the past history—I just have not be as engaged this time around.

Dream Eyes was a fun story and the dynamics between the main characters, Judson and Gwen, were explosive in the best of ways as they unraveled the mystery in this book. The mystery itself though left me feeling a bit disengaged. Some of this disconnect may have resulted from the fact that a good portion of the events happened in retrospect but a lot of it came from the fact that I didn’t really get a solid picture of anything in this book, which surprised me in one of Ms. Krentz’s works. Some of this story was fabulous. I loved getting to know Nick better—he might turn out to be my favorite character in the whole series—and I liked both main characters. The story as a whole however, failed to inspire a suspension of disbelief or any real connection. It felt more like a vehicle for set-up and tie-in than a story of its own.

I, sadly, am only able to give it three stars.